Government and public sector
Top government tech trends revealed for 2021
The year 2021 has come up with a wide array of changes for the entire world. The government is also moving up front to bring a viable change for their citizens. The major aspects that will be kept on the radar this year are citizen digital identity, multichannel citizen engagement, and adaptive security. Summarized tech trends that will be introduced by the government are digitally empowered workforce, augmented intelligence, and incorporation of analytics in every business sector. These technologies have the potential of transforming public services.
The agenda of the government is to introduce efficiency to the business process by reducing the cost. In the upcoming future, the government will be considering technology as their biggest policy. Almost all government services offered by any type of government authority will be backed up by technologies. Most of us consider a downfall only in the business sector due to ill implementation of technology, but the same applies to the government services too.
The major technologies implemented governmental policies to transform the social world are adaptive security to reinforce trust and security over cyber threats, citizen digital identity to prove one’s identity via governmental channels avoiding any change of forgery.
Other technological changes that will be bringing major changes in business sectors are digital product management, anything-as-a-service (XaaS), shared services 2.0, digitally empowered workforce, augmented intelligence, and analytics everywhere.
Among all these augmented intelligence is going to be the biggest weapon changing the corporate sector. It is a great combination of augmented reality and artificial intelligence. In this model, human-centered prototypes of people are combined with the power of artificial intelligence to enhance the efficiency of human resource and their performance.
Another technology that can make a major impact on working professionals is a digitally empowered workforce. This technology is not oriented for any corporate sector; rather it is for the betterment of the workforce giving them work satisfaction and perks to retain them for a longer duration.
Government and public sector
Protecting sensitive data while working remotely
The past year showed some tempestuousness for consumers and businesses. This crisis has compelled numerous companies in the world to relocate from office to remote places. These unparalleled events that happened last year have resulted in a sizeable surge in usage of the cloud, causing more than half of businesses to adopt cloud-based applications to quicken the plans to shift the workflow.
Another challenge is many businesses could not adopt a cloud-based secluded workforce, as their existing model, technology was not versatile, workable, or radical. Thus, the quantity of information breaches and leaks occurring has shot up severely, with enormous measures of delicate consumer information unexpectedly in danger of being replicated, stolen, or potentially utilized without assent. With numerous organizations presently transparently thinking about a more lasting move to distant or hybrid working models of office/home. It is essential to have efficient security methods and ready to protect delicate information any place it could be.
This can be achieved by
- To thoroughly analyze the location of sensitive information of the business. So every business needs to have an efficacious inventory for sensitive data. And able to recognize how data flows, through which medium and how it flows, also ensuring the privacy of customers. To achieve this one needs to continuously and carefully monitor the usage of data, files, users, online activity on an ongoing basis.
- In addition to constantly tracking the sensitive data location, the firm has to restrict access to data. This can be a challenging one to tackle if businesses do not have considerable investment done in tools to secure the cloud services also the technologies. If the sensitive data is made to access from different devices then it becomes riskier so the business can set up multi-factor authentication tools or single sign-on tools to ensure that only legitimate users can access it. This helps to create a restriction on accessing sensitive data.
With an ever-increasing number of organizations now looking at a transition to the cloud because of the pandemic, they must have a reasonable comprehension of information just as the security challenges that may emerge from it. An extensive security platform that incorporates these capacities into a solitary contribution will almost consistently offer the most expense-proficient arrangement, just as giving various convenience benefits. Just one such platform is set up then businesses can be able to protect the consumer’s sensitive data.
Government and public sector
Technology facilitating low-touch economy
Many businesses and workers are initiating new ways in their jobs to suit the low-touch economy. The industries were forced to rapidly adjust to newly implemented standard operating guidelines which were set due to the global outbreak, COVID-19 pandemic. Further, the public who were dependent on these industries, businesses for daily needs were also prevented to operate normally.
However, technological innovations are the vanguard for finding solutions to this crisis, which helped many sectors to strengthen their core, continuing to achieve goals by operational advancements. Since the end of this pandemic is not near businesses need to continue operations with limited contact and social distance.
Low-touch economy- businesses to succeed even in this pandemic, the low-touch economy is the way where every business across the globe is compelled to continue their operations. The attributes that define the need for a low-touch economy:
- Very critical one is to mitigate risks concerned with health, because of which businesses are forced to follow stringent rules, low-touch interactivities, travel restrictions, limited gathering.
- Collective tremors in markets globally happening is evident. Which altered consumer perceptions, behaviour, disrupting the supply chain, etc.
- Experts presumed to impact directly the economy of the world.
- Who can survive in completion is the businesses whose business model is flexible and adapts to the new normal and considering safety as a priority.
A low-touch economy led to technological innovations like
- Green says go! Traffic lights are being used in stores or places where space is limited to handle the customer flow. Technology allows the store owners to control the signal timing depending on the number of customers visited, as innovation has helped in detecting the customer count who is inside for shopping at a particular time. Ensuring social distancing and overcrowding are being combated. Red and green lights are used at the entrance to help customers to know whether the store is too full or can shop immediately.
- Book a slot unlikeretailers where there can be a continuous flow of customers, hospitality venues can host customers on a slot basis, limiting crowd and maintain social distancing is achieved by limiting customers in each slot. In case of unavailability of the table, customers need to book in the next available slots. Slots can be booked over the in-house app or a call.
- Also hospitality industries can offer Food at your doorstep
A low-touch economy would keep on developing as we fight the worst pandemic and ensuing restrictions. While the antagonistic conditions have been hard for businesses, the advancements it has delivered will presumably help them later on.
Government and public sector
Communicating legit information in this pandemic
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) is plausibly the pandemic that has worsen the situation in the whole world. Since its inception to date, there have been various challenges being faced by frontline, volunteers, affected people, industries, logistics, and many others due to lack of information. Many countries have incorporated strategies for communicating the data to combat lack of clarity as well as misinformation.
A multifaceted crisis where medical staff was deluged with the inrush of patients, manufacturers were forced to meet high demands for medicines, PPE kits, also transportation facilities for distributing of the resources. The second challenge is a shortage of vaccines, alongside the registration website coordinating the appointments for the first followed by the second dose, inquiries for same. All these amalgamated and concentrated with the efficacious communication system.
During the period of crisis, information is critical, veridicality of information is also in need before spreading. Along with the vaccine drives and rumours, fake news about the vaccine is increasing, the health care organization, the government should play a vital role in battling misstatement with help of technologies like machine learning and artificial intelligence can increase the value tremendously by spotting false data and bots.
Some companies have emerged who works on tools for verification of news, information that is available at various sources. With technology professionals find the public information, its source where it was generated, when it was on social media, so verifying this will help the public to not panic on fake news. For the verification process, it is to be known about who is verifying the data, and how the public is perceiving these professionals who verify data.
Exploiting the potentiality of communication as well as the advanced innovation in the field of technology with the propensity to fight the false data proves to be contributory in the coming few months- of course, technology alone cannot be a solution but humans need to contribute as well, as technology is just an ally.